Basics about the FEMALE CONDOM
- Soft and thin, and covers the inside of a women's vagina
- It is put in the woman's vagina like a diaphragm.
- Sperm are kept outside the female condom and can't get to the women's egg.
- The female condom works only if you use a new one every time you have sex.
- Female condoms can help PREVENT AIDS and other STIs/STDs.
Couples might LIKE the FEMALE CONDOM because:
- The woman can use it to protect herself from AIDS and other STIs/STDs.
- It can be put in before having sex.
- It can be bought in a drugstore.
Couples might DISLIKE the FEMALE CONDOM because:
- The female condom can be hard to handle at first
- Some people don't like the outer ring that hangs outside the vagina
How well does the FEMALE CONDOM work?
21 out of 100 women using the FEMALE CONDOM become pregnant
How does the FEMALE CONDOM compare with the effectiveness of other forms of birth control?
Women out of 100 that got pregnant using the methods below